Available below is a list of commonly asked questions and their associated answers.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, or are interested in learning more about SZ Newsletters, please Contact Support.
How do I mark my amendments in my Word Document?
To indicate your changes, all you need to do is highlight the text:
Highlight any changed/new content in Yellow.
Highlight any content that needs removal in Red.
The highlighter tool can be found in the Font toolbar in the menu ribbon.
- If you have a punctuation change, make sure to highlight the word next to it as well.
- For multiple changes within the one paragraph, make all the changes and highlight the whole paragraph in yellow, rather than having multiple yellow and red changes.
- When adding new articles, make sure you remember to highlight the Headings and Images.
When should I use the DIY Amendment function?
- DIY Amendments can only be made to newsletters that have been approved or distributed and is for text based edits only, such as punctuation and spelling mistakes.
- If you need to make any additional changes such as images, attachments or videos these will need to be processed by Schoolzine via the Amendments process.
- If Schoolzine has to process additional changes, we will overwrite any DIY Amendments that you have made. The DIY changes will either need to be included in your amendments submission or you will need to redo the changes after the Schoolzine amendments have been processed.
- To make DIY Amendments, Schoolzine recommends using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
How can I change the distribution date of my SZ Newsletter?
- Log in to your Control Centre and select the eNewsletters menu tab.
- Once expanded, select View SZ Newsletters.
- Click the Manage Distribution Dates button.
- You will be able to see all newsletters for the current year. From here you are able to add new dates, and view, edit or delete scheduled newsletters based on their current status.
Can I make changes to my newsletter after it has been distributed?
Yes, you are able to make changes at anytime even after your newsletter has been distributed.
How can I include a video in my SZ Newsletter?
Videos need to be hosted on an online platform to be added into your newsletter. If you would like to embed your Videos into your Newsletter, they can be uploaded to a YouTube or Vimeo Account.
Videos uploaded on other online platforms can also be included, however will be placed in the newsletter as a link button.
To add the video in your content, type in the video’s URL (web address) (eg. www.youtube.com/abcd1234) in the spot you would like the video to appear and style it with the Image/Attachment style. (Style = Red, bold and centred)
How can I request PDF files to show as images?
If you would like a PDF file to be displayed as an image in the newsletter, type Embed next to the file name.
How can I update the Principal Details?
To update the Principal Details within your account you will need to login to the Schoolzine Control Centre. Once logged in, navigate to Account and then to Account Settings. You will be taken to the Details tab where you will see the options to update the Principal Title and Principal Name.