Polls are a great way to measure reader interest on certain subjects and a fun way to make your newsletters more interactive. Once setup, Polls can be embedded into the Side Panel of your newsletter, placed directly into your newsletter content, added to your website, and even sent out via a Newsflash or the SZapp.
Need some inspiration?
Here are some ideas of polls you could use to increase engagement of your Schoolzine newsletters or SZapp posts.
- Log in to your Control Centre and select the Content menu tab.
- Once expanded, select Polls.
- Select the New Poll button.
- Fill in your Poll Question.
- Select a Start date and Expiry date for your Poll. You can also select a Start time and Expiry time if needed.
Note: These fields can be left blank if they are not required. When a Poll has expired it will still display for users but will be listed as closed.
- Type an answer to the Poll in the Options text box, then select Add Option. Continue this process until you have entered all of your answer options.
Note: If you would like users to add in their own answer to the Poll, tick the Allow user options box. If you would like user options to become an option in the poll, tick the Append users options box.
- If you want users to be able to pick more than one answer, change the number in the Allow multiple selections drop down.
Note: The default option is 1.
- By default, users will only be able to vote once. To allow users to vote more than once, change the setting in the Allow repeat voting drop down to Yes.
- You have the option of allowing users to see the Polls results once an answer has been submitted by changing the setting in the Show results drop down.
- If required, add a description or an image to the Poll under the Poll Content section.
- Once saved, you will be able to embed or send out your Poll.
Making Your Poll Public
Now that your Poll has been created, you’ll need to make it public. There are a few different ways you can do this.
First, select the Embed Poll button to see what your options are.
If you’d like the Poll to be embedded on your website, you can use the code in the first box. If you’d like the Poll to be embedded in your newsletter or in a Content Holder, you can use the text in the second box. Finally, you can include the link to your Poll in a Newsflash, on your website, within the content of your newsletter, as an App Tile, or in the Side Panel of your newsletter.
If you’d like assistance with sharing your Poll with the community, contact the Support Team.
You can view the results of your Poll at any time by selecting the View Poll button from the list of Polls, and viewing the statistics on the right-hand side of the page.
Deleting a Poll
- Log in to your Control Centre and select the Content tab.
- Once expanded, select Polls.
- Choose the Poll you wish to delete from the list by selecting the View Poll icon next to the poll question.
- Select the Delete Poll button, and confirm that you would like to delete the Poll in the pop up prompt window.