Please note that availability can change without notice. This estimate does not guarantee or confirm your booking. Bookings are only confirmed once notification of payment is received and approval has been gained from the individual schools.
ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS COMMENCE 14 DAYS FROM APPROVAL
Upon signing up to Schoolzine’s newsletter advertising, a member of our design team will contact you to seek materials for your custom-built advertisement. We understand that you’re busy, so we want to assist you to get your advertising campaign started promptly. To secure your spot in the newsletter and ensure your branding reaches your selected school’s viewership, we will do the following:
If we haven’t had a response from you within 14 days, regarding your artwork, we will start the next steps of the advertising process. We will create a simple advertisement (free of charge), your campaign will begin and you’ll be notified that your advertising has started. The advertisement will consist of two slides – the first containing your business’s branding (logo), the second your business’s contact details (phone number and website or email address).
At any point after we start your campaign with this templated advertisement, you’ll be able to change to a Schoolzine commissioned artwork or your own advertising artwork.
TERMS OF ADVERTISEMENT
1. Materials will not be returned to Advertiser unless specifically requested by Advertiser. Materials will be discarded after six (6) months.
2. Payment with order.
3. Advertiser shall submit to Schoolzine all advertising and editorial materials not later than 5 business days prior to publication.
Alterations requiring additional work will be charged at current rates. When no other copy is provided by Advertiser by the closing date, Schoolzine may insert previous advertisement from Schoolzine newsletter where this exists. Insertion orders are binding after closing dates.
Cancellations must be received no later than 5 days after the Space Reservation Due date. Advertisers cancelling after this date will be billed for space ordered. No cancellations are accepted after closing dates without written agreement from Schoolzine. Where Schoolzine does agree to cancellation of a booking a cancellation administration fee of $250 will apply.
Where Schoolzine agrees to the cancellation of advertising during a campaign Schoolzine reserves the right to recalculate the cost of the campaign at the standard rates, removing any discounts offered, before refunding any remaining component of the campaign cost and in addition to the cancellation administration fee.
4. Schoolzine reserves the right to reject any advertisement at any time after receipt of proof of text, copy and/or illustrations, even though a prior similar order may have been approved. Schoolzine shall have the right to omit any advertisement when the space allotted to advertising has been filled. Unintentional or inadvertent failure to publish advertising invalidates the insertion order for that issue only. Failure of Schoolzine to insert any advertisement shall be considered immaterial and shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement, nor shall Schoolzine be liable for damages thereof. In such event, Advertiser shall have the option of having such advertisement printed in a future issue under these Terms and Conditions or of having no charge for such advertisement not inserted. Advertisements already run shall be paid for at rates in the Rate Card. Schoolzine reserves the right to require any advertising to be labelled “advertisement.”
5. Schoolzine shall not be liable for any damages for failure to fulfil an order for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to labour disputes, strike, war, riot, insurrection, civil commotion, fire, flood, accident, storm, act of God, or any other circumstances. In such event, Advertiser’s sole remedies shall be those in paragraph 4 above.
6. Any specification or order for the use or non-use of any particular page or position where the advertisement is to be inserted shall be treated as a request only, and Schoolzine shall not be obligated to comply with said request.
7. Any taxes which may be imposed on any advertising shall be advanced by Schoolzine on behalf of Advertiser, be billed to Advertiser and be due and payable immediately.
8. Schoolzine reserves the right to cancel this Agreement at any time upon Advertiser’s failure to pay any bill when due.
9. In the event Schoolzine must employ an agent or solicitor to collect sums due hereunder or to enforce compliance by Advertiser with any of the terms of this Agreement, Advertiser shall pay to Schoolzine any fees and other costs incurred by Schoolzine in connection with any legal actions and appeals thereof.
10. Advertisers will be short rated if, within a 12 month period from the date of the first insertion, they do not use the amount of space upon which their billing has been based.
11. Advertiser shall indemnify Schoolzine and hold Schoolzine harmless from any and all loss, cost, expense and damages on account of any and all manner of claims, demands, actions and proceedings that may be instituted against Schoolzine on grounds alleging that any advertisement submitted hereunder by or on behalf of Advertiser violates any copyright or any proprietary right of any person, or that it contains any matter that is libellous or scandalous, or invades any person’s right to privacy or other personal rights. Advertiser agrees at Advertiser’s own expense, to promptly defend and continue the defence of any such claim, demand, action or proceeding that may be brought against Schoolzine, provided that Schoolzine shall promptly notify Advertiser with respect thereto. The Advertiser shall reimburse Schoolzine for any amount paid by Schoolzine in settlement of claims or in satisfaction of judgements obtained by reason of publication of such advertising copy, together with all expenses incurred in connection therewith, including but not limited to, reasonable legal fees and court costs.
12. This writing contains the entire Agreement of the Parties. No representations were made or relied upon by either party, other than those expressly set forth in this Agreement. No agent, employee or other representative of either party is empowered to alter any of the terms hereof, unless done in writing and signed by a duly authorized officer, employee or other representative of the respective parties.
13. Should any part of this Agreement, for any reason, be declared invalid, such decision shall not affect the validity of any remaining portion, which remaining portion shall remain in force and effect as if this Agreement had been executed with the invalid portion thereof eliminated and it is hereby declared the intention of the parties hereto that they would have executed the remaining portion of this Agreement without including therein any such part, parts, or portion which may, for any reason, be hereafter declared invalid.
14. This Agreement shall be construed under the laws of the State of Queensland. Venue for any legal actions regarding this Agreement shall be in the District of Maroochydore.
15. Schoolzine statement of policy regarding authors of articles and advertising featured in Schoolzine publications and Speakers and Exhibitors at Schoolzine meetings. Schoolzine expects all Schoolzine partners, members and others featured as authors or advertisers in Schoolzine publications, or exhibitors or speakers at Schoolzine meetings to be in full compliance with the Schoolzine Code of Standards & Ethics. Schoolzine reserves the right to refuse publication of questionable articles or advertisements in any of its publications that raise any issues of ethics. All authors and advertisers appearing in Schoolzine publications or meetings are hereby on notice of this policy and accept any invitations, agreements and contracts subject to it. As a consequence of this policy, all such persons or companies agree that their sole recourse against Schoolzine for any exclusion pursuant to this policy shall be refund of monies paid for advertising.
16. In the event that a school does not renew its annual contract and Advertiser has any period remaining on its contract then Schoolzine will provide Advertiser with an alternate school on a pro rata basis only determined by the number of newsletters sent and will not be held liable for any other amounts.
17. Schoolzine reserves the right to increase or decrease the total number of advertisers within each newsletter at its discretion.
18. Schoolzine reserves the right to remove an advertisement without refund if Schoolzine believes the advertisement may breach any state or federal guidelines for political advertising within schools.